8/27/2011

Summer...

Ahhh... finally getting caught up on my blog. Its been far tooooooo long! We had a really good summer but are excited to get back to school (except me that is.) I'm going to try to keep this as simple and short as possible.

As usual, we made many trips to St. George. We went for Bree's wedding. My mom took the kids for a week and I had a couple doctor appointments there. As well as just couple visits to relax. Sadly during one visit, I was driving my mom's car and had a semi truck pass me going the opposite way. Well he had a major blow-out and the tire tread (along with some kind of medal) hit my mom's car and totally broke her side mirror. Kinda freaked the kids and I out. But other than that little incident, SG is always sooo much fun. I enjoy being around my family. Even if it's just laying in bed with my mommy watching T.V. The kids especially love that and of course swimming in Steph's pool. We did that lots.

The Howard Family reunion is always in June and most of the time it's at my aunt and uncle's house in Kamas. We love it up there. They are always so generous and make sure everyone gets multiple rides on the horses. My kids are getting less and less scared the more we go. Even though the majority of us gets to see each other whenever we want, it's always so nice for EVERYONE to be together. Those of you who didn't make it were so missed. I love love love my family!

The 4th of July this year was pretty much the same as if usually is. We went to the parade on Redwood in West Jordan. Definitely the best one. We went with our friend's Josh and Jamie and their little girl Grace who my kids adore! Sharee even hung out with us for most of the day. Ty had to work but luckily he was able to join us at the park for the best part... the fireworks. An amazing show as usual. Love this country!

We went camping a few times and rode the 4 wheelers as much as possible. We went up to Vernon Reservoir. It's so pretty. Totally away from reality. No cell phone service. Just peace and quiet, a beautiful lake, gorgeous mountains with awesome trails, great friends, good food and good times! I have grown to love camping. The only downside was Kassidy puking in the tent in the middle of the night. Yeah and it was chocolate milk... so GROSS! But We still had too much fun!

A few weeks ago we went to Vernal for the Haslem Family reunion. This is somewhere we haven't been in years and it was wonderful. We love staying in hotels and I must say that this was probably the nicest hotel we have ever stayed in. Maybe it was because we were surrounded by family. Brent, Ty's dad, Scott's family and Trevor's family all came out too. We stayed in the halls all night both nights just talking. Probably making everyone else mad.. oh well right? We got to be around family that we haven't seen in years. It was so nice for us (especially Ty) to reacquaint with his family that he hardly sees or talks to. Also, Grandpa Haslem got all of his grandson's GUNS! He took us all out to go shooting. Most of us girls sat back and watched but it was so sweet to watch the daddy's with their little boys. And whats a visit to Vernal without the dinosaur museum? Had to spend a little time there. Kase is so into dinosaurs so he loved it, we all did. Thanks Grandpa for the fun vacation!

That pretty much sums up our summer. We've spent a lot of time at home. We've done a lot of rec center pool swimming. Lot's of visits from family. Cameron, our cousin, was just baptized so we had fun while everyone was out here recently. The kids have had a blast! Ty and I have both continued to lose weight. Ty is now under 200 and I have met my goal of 125 and counting. We both can't seem to stop but feel great! The last couple weeks have been spend getting ready for school. I decided not to talk so much on here about my schooling just because it's mostly venting so you probably won't hear too much about my experiences, just the kids. :) And it's back to school for them on Monday...


Ok.. this picture really made me laugh. I "stole" it from my SIL, Jenee's blog. Her husband called it "birds on a wire." HaHa! Seriously, we all look silly but I just look mental

4 comments:

Chris and Jenna said...

Yay for an updated blog!!!!!!! Glad to hear you had a rockin' summer. Good luck to ALL of you in the new school year! You are AMAZING!

Brent said...

Great posts. Thank-you Stacie

Brent said...

Great posts. Thank-you Stacie

Jill said...

Finally, Stac! I always check into your blog...i'm so happy to hear you guys had such a great summer! I can't wait to see you all again, hopefully, soon:)