10/02/2010

Big 50! and twenty-nine.

What a couple of weeks we've had! I'll try to make this post short and sweet even thought it's been a while. Life is just so busy right now. I never thought being a full time mom and a full time student would take up every single second I have but it sure does. I haven't even finished a book this past month. So yes, I am still reading Mockingjay. And I know most of you didn't like it so sshhh.. don't ruin it for me haha.

Last weekend we went to St. George for my mama's 50th birthday! I can't believe my mother is 50 years old. It was a suprise so you can imagine how hard it was for us (especially the KIDS) to keep this fun secret. The hardest part was being there 2 days before her party and not being able to see her. We went down on Thursday and stayed with our good friends, Clay & Teshua. On Friday morning we snuck over to my parent's house to visit with my dad while my mom was at work. He had fun hiding our tracks and washing little handprints off the windows after we left :) But it was such a great trip full of so many fun memories and lots of family! (even meeting a new aunt who we already love!)

(oh and I had a birthday, too! TWENTY-freakin-NINE)

2 comments:

Jill said...

29...and holding? What a fun party! Glad to see you are keeping busy:) We hope we can see you guys soon:)

Brent said...

You and your mom are both Youngsters. Glad you had fun