10/08/2010

ramblings from an exhausted mama

It's time to ramble, vent and complain. What I do best! If you really don't want to hear about it then feel free to skip this post.
I'm tired. I was doing so good. Keeping up on all of my classes. Making great grades.. and making myself and my teachers proud (hehe) So I like to think. Then I started looking around at my house. I was really slacking in the laundry. My kids rooms were a disaster because I would just let them do whatever they wanted while I was busy doing my homework. It was quick easy dinners and finally just get in bed time by 8 because I was too exhausted to do anything else. I wasn't being a very good wife or mother. My kids homework wasn't as good as usual because I wasn't helping them like I should. I forgot about my snack day for Kase's class. So this past week I did a total 180. My house is so clean you could lick the tile and wood floors. The laundry room is empty and has been for 4 days now (YES 4 DAYS) a record for me if you know me. Kids rooms are organized and spotless. Their homework is perfect. I got extra special snacks for Kase's class. I've been making yummy dinners and having them ready right when Ty walks in the door (not that he has ever expected that) It's just something I like to do. So now I notice that my school and grades are kinda suffering. Not that I'm failing anything. I just turned in one of my assignments a day late. At least it's still getting done right?? Instead of the A that I got on my first few math assignments and tests, I got a C on my last one. It's very depressing. I seriously don't know how to give both 100%. Sometimes I wonder if it's even possible? When I find out (because I will) I'll let ya know!!! This is a very big learning experience for me and my family. But when I get a random text from my mom saying how proud she is of me, hearing my husband tell me I'm doing great, and my kids talking about how mommy goes to school, too, that's when it makes it all worth it. They all have faith in me and love me. I'm really a lucky girl.
In other news, I get to go on a much needed one on one date tonight with Ty. I love sitting across the table from him at a nice restaraunt eating yummy food. Sometimes we just eat and talk about nothing at all. Or we like to make fun of the people sitting next to us. He makes me laugh so hard. (we're so mean, I know)

5 comments:

jaesi said...

well miss- if you find a way to do it 100% everyday- then you are super human.
It sounds like you are doing great.
I wouldnt expect yourself to do more than great. :)
besides- all you have to to is pass the class right?

and heres to making sure I never sit by you and Ty at a restauraunt....;)

Serena said...

You are amazing, Stacie! Keep up the great job. I would say your kids come first, and like Jaesi said, as long as you pass the class, that is what matters. You are such an inspiration to us all!

Brent said...

Your mom and kids are not the only ones that are proud of you. DON'T forget it.

Amber said...

It is a hard pill to swallow. I haven't quite figured it out either, and if you do, please send help my way a.s.a.p. Im spread soo thin right now too, I can't wair for this semester to be over. You can do it girl! It will be worth it some day! =)

Unknown said...

This post made me cry. I can identify with you more than you know! I've been struggling with finding the right balance, too. And I can't say I've mastered it. I have decided, though, if something's gotta suffer, it won't be my family. The house, yeah... sometimes it REALLY suffers, extra-curricular activities... sometimes suffer, time with your family... I can't say that I've been perfect, but I'm really trying to make time to be with them & enjoy their ages. My mom always told me that, "A MOM in school -- who puts her family first... getting a C is equal to an A any day. And who cares, anyway? All you have to do is pass-- and enjoy your rapidly-growing family. They only have one childhood." She's wise. You are doing great!!! You're such a good example to me!