2/28/2010

Just a mom!?!

This might be a long post because I have so much to say tonight and I especially have so much to say about this topic. (so bear with me please)

I got an email today that really made me laugh but I think it had a really good message in it. I'm not going to post the actual email because it's way long but the general idea of it was that being a stay at home mom, housewife or homemaker (whatever you want to call it) is a full time 24 hour/7 day a week job.. that never ends!Nothing in this world drives me more crazy than when somebody says that I have it so easy because I stay home all day with my kids. Yes, I know I am very lucky and I do not take it for granted. Would I change anything or is there anything else I would rather be doing? No way! Not a chance but that doesn't mean that I don't do anything. I work so hard to take care of my house and my family. My days consist of waking up at 6 to get my husband's lunch made and get him off to work. Then it's on to the kids. Getting 3 kids ready for school is tricky. Especially when you have little prissy girls who take forever picking out their clothes and are so particular about their hair. I go back and forth to the school dropping off and picking up. (because Kase is in half day kindergarten this year) While the kids are in school I have mounds of laundry and housework that I get to do. I make a trip to the grocery store at least every other day because I'm not so good at getting everything I need the first time. Then I have dinner to make.. and do you know how hard it is to make something to please everyone? Homework and reading is hard with 3 kids who need your attention at the same time. Ty totally helps when he is here and he's awesome! But he works 12 hour shifts and sometimes isn't home until after 8. By that time we have all winded down and we're ready for bed. Now I didn't even mention all the fighting and crying that goes on in my house on a daily basis. Someone is always getting hurt and I'm always wiping away big alligator tears. So you see I'm a pretty busy lady.. here's a funny little quote from the email:
"I'm a Research Associate in the field of Child Development and Human Relations."
The best part about my job is the pay. How lucky am I to get the opportunity to see my children grow and change everyday. To be there for every first.. and never have to miss a thing. To kiss them when they get hurt and to be one of the two most important people in their lives. I think being called "mommy" is the best title in the whole world. So for anyone to say I'm "just a mom" would be so wrong. It's the most important job I'll ever have.

..and congrats to my good friend Jamie who is expecting her 2nd baby! So exciting!

3 comments:

Ashley H said...

You couldn't have said it more perfectly. Being a mom is the toughest job you will ever have and the best.

Anonymous said...

I'm following you back. Love your blog!

Serena said...

It is the hardest job! But, the most rewarding. And how good are you to make your husbands lunch everyday? You rock!