2/25/2010

Shut Up!

Last night I'm sitting in the car with my kids waiting for Ty and they are fighting and picking at each other over the dumbest things like "he's touching me" or "she's looking at me." It's getting really annoying and after a few minutes of just trying to ignore them, I finally turn around and say, "is it so hard to just shut up and be quiet?" It gets them to shut up but then I started to think and I decided I needed to ask myself that same question...
Too many times I have opened my big mouth when I shouldn't have. I think we all have right? I always feel the need to give my two cents when it's probably not wanted and sometimes, whether it's right or wrong, someone is offended. I like to think that I'm smart and I know everything. That if I tell you something then maybe you should listen to me because I'm always right. (jk) But the truth is, I'm so not always right. Just because I don't agree with something or I would never do certain things other people do, It's not my place to judge or to even give my opinion. Too often, more than not, I am really regretting what I say and most of the time I give my opinion, I really honestly could care less and I'm giving my opinion for my benefit only.
So maybe I should learn to practice what I preach. The only people I need to worry about is myself and my little family. Those are the only ones who need to hear what I have to say.. and of course they need to listen to me. So last night was a wake up call for me. I think I will definitely from now on keep myself out of other people's business and learn to "shut up."

4 comments:

The Foisy's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Foisy's said...

Much better i think! You know what what I'm talking about. Lol. I say things all the time that I shouldn't. In fact, I'm like queen of sticking my foot in my mouth. I didn't used to be that way. Not sure what happened to me.

Katelyn said...

My COMMENTS LINK! well i think thats what your talking about :) I'm glad you have a big mouth like me! I'm always getting myself into trouble!

sharee diane said...

Yeah I need to remember this! I used to not be like this until recently! Ahhh it's not good!