8/10/2010

Back 2 School

After 10 long years of being out of school, I am finally going to college! Most of you know it's something I've been wanting to do ever since Katelyn got sick. I've wanted to be a nurse. I almost felt like it was my calling in life. So after much thought and an incredible supportive husband who has pushed and motivated me, I'm just doing it.
Today was kind of a bummer in ways. I'm a student and I've already done the admissions and orientation, but I just needed to get my college entrance exam done so I can pick my classes. Well I went and did that today.. and holy crap! It shows I've been out of school for 10 years. I am pretty much starting in the lowest math. Oh well though right? They say you can pay to take the test again and score higher but why would I want to do that? I think I need to definitely start out where I tested today because that's obviously where I'm at. I don't want to start out in some higher class and fall behind or fail. So I'll just take it slow for sure! Hopefully get me some straight A's :)
Anyways, just wanted to share my exciting news and show everyone that I'm not a total slacker! I'm so scared and I'm sure there are times I'm going to feel so overwhelmed but I know I can do it because I have amazing support!!!

6 comments:

Brent said...

Congratulations,
Darn rights you can do it.
Proud of you.

Ashley H said...

Good for you! You will do awesome.

Sarah Haslem said...

Im so excited for you Stacie! You will be a wonderful nurse and an excellent student!

T + 2 said...

So excited for you!!! I was out for 8 years when I went back and it's a bit overwhelming at first, but once you find your groove it's actually a lot of fun! I also tested into dummy math, but I did an 8 week course through Ology (they work with BYU independent study) this summer, and once I take (and pass I hope haha) my final next week they transfer the credits right over to UVU and then I move right on to calculus. Not sure if they have one up there, but it might be worth looking into. Good luck Stace!!

Jill said...

Way to go, Stacie! You are going to love it...you will do great.

Clueless said...

I found your blog through Leigh Ashley & Wee Bit Wednesdays. I couldn't leave without commenting on this post.

Don't give up! It's sooooo great that you're going back to realize your dream. Just remember those dreams when things get tough and, above all, don't give up!!! You'll have times where you might struggle. It happens to most everyone. Don't ever be afraid to get help!!! You'll thank yourself at the end of the class for it. Good luck!!!