8/27/2010

first day(s) of school

The first week--FINALLY over! We've had a crazy bunch of days. For some strange reason, the girls started school on Thursday but Kase had to wait until Friday. He only got to meet his teacher on Thursday.
After waiting the whole summer to find out, we finally found out that Katelyn gets to be in Kassidy's class this year. It's what we all decided we wanted to do from the beginning. An every other year thing. But this year was especially true since Katelyn might need more help from Kassidy in the friends department and Kassidy will need more help from Katelyn in the learning department. So this year was a must that they are in the same class. They both have Mrs. Imel and LOVE her! And they both seem to enjoy school so far!!!
Kase was so excited this year for school because he got to be like the girls and go alllll dayyy! I think he was getting pretty sick of the times it was only him and I. I guess I can be a pretty boring mom. But I'm going to miss my little man so much and our special alone time. My baby is growing up and it really is hard. I know he is going to win over the heart of his teacher just like he does everyone who meets him. He was so excited about eating in the lunch room and the first thing he told me as he ran to me after school was, "mom I ate chicken nuggets for lunch." I think he's going to love 1st grade!
*love* the twinkle toes~

As for me, yes I started, too. I had a really hard time yesterday making it on time to my first class. I had Kase's teacher meeting thing at 9:30 and had to be to class at 10. So of course I was a little late but it didn't seem to be a big deal. I have 5 classes. (3 lecture and 2 online) Pretty sure I'll be able to handle everything but I'll let ya know in a few weeks ;) It's definitely a change but a change I've been ready for!
Remove Formatting from selection

6 comments:

Jamie said...

Stacie, the kids look SO cute! I love your cute family. Congrats on starting school, i'm glad it's going well so far! :]

Jenée's Blog said...

The children look excited, and *cute* in their new school clothes!
(Stacie, I sincerely wish you success in your educational pursuits.)

Amber said...

YES, LETS MOTIVATE EACH OTHER! YOU CAN DO IT!! SCHOOL IS DEFINATELY NOT EASY, BUT DEFINATELY WORTH IT!! what are you going to be when you grow up? Im applying to the teaching program next fall, so keep your fingers crossed I will get this next year done, and be accecpted the program! I hope school is going good so far..good luck, and your kids are BEAUTIFUL! Don't you just love TWINKLE toes? Lilee has 2 pair, and she just thinks they are the neatest things EVER! anyways- see ya.

Brent said...

Great Pictures, Good Luck in your school. We all have a lot of confidence in you.

Sarah Haslem said...

The kids look adorable! and those are some sparkley shoes!
You will do great in school!

Erica Mangum said...

YOur girls are so cute!..and I love that you and the girls all got TWINKLE Toes! Kase is a cuttie! Chase always wants to take his own lunch..so he can sit by his friends! I am so proud of you for doing school! I dont think I could do that! You Go gIrL!!!!