11/15/2010

it's gonna be a long one.....

Guess i'm not doing a very good job on this 30 day challenge am I? School and kids and a dirty house have had me pretty busy lately. So it's about time for a "let me vent" post.

First I'm sooooo sad to say that I lost my sister. (no she didn't die) I've been so spoiled to have her living so close for the last 6-7 months but she decided she needed to move back home for a while. But we get to skype with her and my parents now! The kids look forward to it and always ask if we can see them on the laptop. It's pretty darn cute.

It's almost the end of the school semester and I still haven't found that balance between my home duties and my school duties. I'm beginning to realize that I probably never will. So I've decided to just do what I can when I can. Obviously, my family comes first and they always will. Honestly though, I love feeling like i'm accomplishing things in my life. I know i've already accomplished a lot by being a mother and I don't take that for granted but it's a different feeling knowing that i'm working hard at something to better myself and i'm NOT giving up. Oh, I've so been tempted to give up many times. There are days when all I wanna do is lay in bed. (and cry) But then once I get up and get moving.. the kids off to school and start my day.. I feel so good! I can honestly say that I am proud of myself. Even with all the stress in my life, I am more happy today that I have ever been in my life.

So this is my main "home duty" problem.. I suck at LAUNDRY! Why? Why is it so hard for me to keep up on it? Does anyone else have this same problem? I always have. Just ask anyone.. Ty or my mom.. And everyone always tells me to just do one or two loads a day. Well it sounds simple but when it comes down to it, I just don't do it. Then at the end of the week my laundry room is piled with about 12 loads of laundry. (no lie) I need help! Some kind of intervention.. JK! But seriously it would help to know that I wasn't the only one who sucks at this.

Facebook: HATE IT! Jenee you are my hero for getting rid of it and keeping it far away! I'm either going to do a serious inventory on my friends list and get rid of the ones I don't talk to and probably never will or DELETE it. For good.

Now on to happier things. I'm so excited for the upcoming holidays. So excited to have my family come here and that they are trusting me to cook a yummy Thanksgiving dinner! They should be scared. Totally kidding.. I'm a pretty good cook, I like to think haha! Also, beyond excited that me and my sisters (dragging my mother and auntie Janet Sue) will all be going BLACK FRIDAY shopping! Anyone who knows me and my sisters really well, knows we are shoppers. So this is fun times for us to spend together and I hope they are looking forward to it as much as I am. Besides, last year I got some amazing deals on Nintendo DS systems. I saved like $150. Love to save money. Love black friday. I just love shopping!

I feel like since it's that time of the year, I need to tell the world what i'm thankful for..
•TyRel. What a hard working man he is. So supportive. The best father. Great provider. I'm grateful that he works so hard to take care of us and that because he is willing to work so hard, I am able to stay home with my children. I love him!
•My kiddies. I'm so lucky to be a mom. I'm so lucky to be their mom. They are the best kids anyone could ask for.
•My family & Ty's family. We both come from amazing parents and siblings.
•Extended family. They are ALL incredible.
•Friends. I am surrounded by the best friends ever. Friends who are always asking if they can help with anything.
•A nice (warm) house and 2 nice cars. (Right now, we wouldn't survive with just one car)
•Rain.. it's raining right now and I love it!

So I finally blogged and updated.. Yay!

3 comments:

Brent said...

We are proud of you Stacie.

Jill said...

I have never heard anyone say,'I just love doing laundry'...it's neverending...by the time you finish...another load is waiting. I don't do the one or two load a day thing-just knock it out in one. Congrats on your schooling-such an accomplishment!

Erica Mangum said...

I hate Laundry to Stac!!! I hate putting it away..it takes days! Your a great Mom, and wifey and cant believe you are going to school..way to go!..I dont think I could go back!!