4/21/2011

Atkins... for everyone curious

I have had so many people ask lately what diet Ty and I are on. As most of you know, Ty has lost 50lbs. and I have lost around 15lbs. It has been so easy for Ty but so hard for me. Not that I have ever been extremely overweight, but I am an emotional eater and I have gone through so many emotions lately. All I want to do is eat, still. Anyway, I'm just going to explain this diet and how it has worked for us.
Most of you have heard of the "Atkins" diet. It's basically cutting out carbs and sugars. Carbs are always the first thing to be burned off before fat, so by eliminating most of your carbs, your body burns your fat. I know there is so much more to it that I just don't understand. You start out by having just 20 carbs a day then when you feel ready, you move on to the next stages that offer more carbs and food choices. I know that IT WORKS! and I feel amazing and healthy. I have so much energy. Just ask anyone on it and they will say the same thing I'm sure.

It did totally suck because I had to cut out my most favorite foods. Like Olive Garden pasta and Cafe Rio everything! Ty also had to cut out all his favorites, too. He is a big time bread eater so that was his biggest challenge.

It's not like we totally go hungry and unsatisfied though. There are lots of things we can eat. Bacon and eggs for breakfast. We can have salad with ranch dressing, tons of meat and cheese.
While shopping and looking on the Internet, we have also found some low carb things such as "low carb" flour tortillas. The actual Atkins brand makes some yummy shakes and candy bars and most no sugar candies have little or no carbs. So really, if you are looking for a good diet, this is perfect! I eat and feel very full and satisfied when I'm done.. and STILL lose weight. This is seriously an amazing diet and it has changed our lives. I will take a picture of Ty and post it on here tonight so you can see how great and thin he looks. If I didn't cover everything or you want to know more, you can always visit the Atkins website. They offer free advise and even send a free starter package.

2 comments:

Sarah Haslem said...

I agree, it is a great diet/way to eat...
I just feel better eating less carbs!

Jill said...

Congratulations Ty and Stac! I don't think I could do it...me and carbs are BFF's :)