4/30/2011

Baptism Pictures-Relay for Life-Birthdays

-Baptism Pictures-
My AMAZING sister in law, Amy, took these pictures for me. Since next week is the baptism, I figured I better get going on some announcements. Also, I need to mention my WONDERFUL mother in law who made these beautiful dresses. My girls are so gorgeous and these pictures just prove it. I am so proud of them and the great kids they are. They are the best and I love them so much more than they could imagine!

-Relay for Life-
The main reason for our weekend visit to St. George was so we could attend and participate in the "Relay for Life" marathon supporting cancer. I can't even begin to tell you how emotional this was for us all. Between Katelyn and my mother in law, Joyleen, we have been through all the ups and downs that come with cancer. And we can definitely say.. CANCER SUCKS! Coming together this weekend with so many others who have been affected by it was so neat. Katelyn felt so special, which no doubt she should. I also realized just how lucky we are to still have our loved ones who have fought and are fighting this terrible disease. It was so sad to see all of the people and T-shirts that were all about "in memory of." I'm so grateful ours said "SURVIVOR." We are so blessed and lucky. Katelyn is and always has been such an example to me. Whenever I am stressed or have a small trial, I always think of this amazing little girl and all she went through. If Katelyn can fight and conquer, so can I. Same goes for everyone fighting! I love you all so much and I pray for you!! Never Give Up Your Fight!!!

-Happy Birthday Katelyn & Kassidy-
We also had a little birthday party for the girls while we were here, since today is their birthday :) I can't believe I have 8 year olds. They, along with their brother and TyRel, are the light in my life and I could never live without them. Something many of you know, I had to learn a very hard way. I should mention too that Ty also celebrated his birthday yesterday. He is the BIG 30 and yes, I plan on doing a major good blog about him ASAP! I just wanted to get this crazy weekend blogged before anything else. And lucky for Ty, we spent his birthday traveling and at the relay. But definitely watch for his special blog next!
It was such a great BUSY weekend. So many special memories made. I love spending time with mine and Ty's family. We are so lucky to have each other for support. I sure LOVE you all. Even those who couldn't make it. I'm not trying to make it sound like life is perfect (because it is so FAR from sometimes)but this is just one of those times I feel extremely blessed.

5 comments:

Chris and Jenna said...

Happy Happy Birthday to Miss Katelyn & Kassidy! What a great way to celebrate a birthday! Wish we could have been there to help support our SURVIVORS!

Chelsey and Adam said...

We wish we could have gone! We are so sad we missed such a fun weekend (not that ours wasn't, but Relay for Life is an amazing event)! Happy birthday to those two old girls. I can't believe they are 8. Obviously you guys are getting old since Ty is 30! haha Happy Birthday to Katelyn, Kassidy, and Ty. We love you guys!!!

Jill said...

The big 3-0!!! Too bad...he's is getting old:( I wish we could have made it to the Relay for Life...Those are emotional. Looks like you had a great weekend! The girls pictures are so so pretty. Can you send one or two our way? They make those already pretty dresses even prettier

Jenée's Blog said...

The girls pictures in their baptismal dresses about gave Scott a heart attack at first because we were thinking we missed their special event... LoL
Nevertheless, they are BEEEEEAUTIFUL!!! (Way to go Joyleen & Amy!!) We are looking forward to this next weekend.
I was teary-eyed as I was reading over your thoughts on the Relay-For-Life marathon. You have a special little girl to be so physically strong to endure and overcome.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the girls and TyRel! I love the last sentence of this post... truly this weekend was a perfect moment in the grand scheme of things. {HUGS!}

Brent said...

Great blog Stacie!